My pico is 100 days old today. I'm not entirely pleased with the progress I'm making. It seems like it's going slow. I cannot get the rocks in an arrangement I like. I would also like to get more corals. I also do not have any fish yet. I'm okay with that, but my roommate and other college friends would like to see at least one fish in there. Part of the reason I don't have any fish in there yet is because I'm not sure what I want, or even what I can have in this tank.

The current stock list looks something like this:
-Frogspawn (I never intended on putting this coral in this tank. It wasn't doing well in our 55, so I moved it in hopes of saving it. I think I figured out what was wrong with the 55, but I'm not ready to trust it with this coral quite yet.)
-Mushrooms (More than I wanted. I have a green mushroom, two red mushrooms with blue dots, a blue mushroom, and a couple hairy mushrooms. I'm planning on adding a purple mushroom from the 55 too.)
-Zoas and other polyps (I have some zooanthids that are green and red, like watermelon, and I did have some that were awesomely green, but the rock they were on got flipped over while I was on vacation, and I don't think they're coming back. I also have some purple button polyps which also got messed up while I was on vacation, but seem to be coming back. I also have some purple/red/blue polyps that I got last week. I've yet to see them fully open, but they are opening a little, so I know they're alive.)
-Kenya tree (This started out itty-bitty, like a centimeter tall. It is now about two inches tall.)

I don't have any decent pictures right now, as my camera is at home and my tank is at school. Here are some phone pictures:

Frogspawn (still recovering, but looking better):


Green mushroom:


FTS:


Kenya tree and mushroom:

0 comments:

Post a Comment