I moved back to school Sunday. I took my pico down that morning right before leaving home, and I set it up after getting here. It spent about three, maybe four hours not put together. Everything is looking good, except the zoanthids and button polyps aren't opening (they were already doing that for a couple days before the move).

If you're curious, this was my method:
1. Wait until last possible minute to tear apart the tank.
2. Wrap each piece of live rock in wet newspaper, except the pieces with corals attached to them. Place the newspaper-wrapped rocks in a styrofoam cooler. Place another piece or two of wet newspaper over the rocks.
3. Remove all (or as much as possible) of the water from the tank. Keep as much as you can in buckets (I was able to get all the water in two small buckets). Put frogspawn and rocks with corals attached in one bucket, and put the loose corals or small rocks with corals in the other bucket.
4. Drive one hour to school. Unload all of my belongings from my car and my mom's car, including aquarium, buckets, and cooler. Place aquarium on desk where it belongs.
5. Start putting the water back in the tank. As soon as there is enough water for the rocks, put them in. Once most water is in the tank, add the corals. Do not worry about layout right now; water very cloudy from sand getting stirred up.
6. Allow sand to settle, arrange rocks and corals.
7. Enjoy tank.

Also, a very good friend of mine had her baby on Sunday. I drove to Louisville yesterday to see her and the baby. He is adorable, and she is doing well. I'm very happy for her and her fiancee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment