I'm a member of several aquarium forums, one of which is Aquaria Central. Recently, there have been a few controversial threads that I found interesting.

The first was started on the 31st of December 2009. It's about freshwater deep sand beds. I haven't completely read it yet, but what I have read has been interesting and really made me think. How Freshwater Deep Sand Beds Work

The second, started 26 January 2010, asks the question of whether water changes are necessary or not. Lots of discussion and disagreements in this thread, but what I've read, none of been bashing. I haven't had time to read all of this one either. It was started and before I saw it was already at two or three pages. It took off. Are Water Changes Actually Necessary? I'll admit, I don't always do water changes. I top of my tanks every week, but water changes aren't religiously done, especially in my planted tanks. I do water changes more often on my 45 gallon because it doesn't have live plants and I've had lots of trouble with it in the past.

The third, started last night on 1 February 2010, reached four pages just a little over 12 hours later. It's about flushing fish. Not dead ones, but live ones. I don't flush either, but some people flush dead ones, others flush sick ones, and there are a few who flush healthy ones for various reasons (tired of the fish, it's a livebearer who is having babies). CONFESSION! I FLUSH FISH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment